Read to a Dog!
Would you like to improve your reading skills?
Come to the library and read some stories to a trained therapy dog.
FOR READERS UP TO GRADE 6
All skill levels are welcome!
Wednesdays: May 17, 24, 31, June 7, 14 in the Children’s Program Room
When you register, you will choose a 15 minute time slot between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
Registration is in-person in the Children’s Library or by phone at 631-941-4080 ext. 123.
We’re bringing back the Teddy Bear Picnic!
Monday, Jun. 5, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Bring your favorite stuffed friend, lunch and join us for a picnic, and a tour of the grounds of the Three
Village Garden Club. There will be a little surprise to help celebrate National Gardening week.
Drinks and dessert will be provided. This is for Ages 3 – 6 yrs. w/ parent or caregiver.
Directions are available HERE or at the Children’s Reference Desk.
Reg. begins May 22
Be a Part of the 2023 Summer Reading Club Decorations!
This summer’s theme is “All Together Now: Kindness, Friendship and Unity” and we want to feature the children of our community throughout our themed decorations.
To participate, we ask that you submit 3 headshots of your child holding a photograph that shows family members from a past generation.
- Please ask your child to hold the family photo close to their face. The headshots will be cropped to include only their head, shoulders and mid chest.
- Please dress your child in a solid colored shirt and if possible, take the photo against a solid colored background.
- Please no group photos. Each child’s picture should be as an individual.
- All images that are used will be displayed for the entire year.
- Photos should be of children birth to those entering 6th grade.
- Photos should be emailed to email@example.com. *Please include the child’s full name and age.
- *The deadline for submitting photos is Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Please use the sample images below as a model for your photograph.
Here are some examples:
Tips for taking your photos:
- You may use a smartphone, however if you have a digital camera the print-outs will be clearer.
- Please submit high-quality JPEG or TIFF files.
- When taking photos:
- Shoot full face including head, shoulders and mid chest.
- The brighter the picture, the better.
- If it’s a sunny day, shoot pictures in the shade to avoid shadow.
- Take the picture with the sun behind the photographer.
Winter Reading Challenge!
From Babies to 6th grade, join our Kids Winter Reading Challenge!
Whether your child is being read to or reading on their own, this program is a great incentive. When kids report the books that they’ve read, it gives them confidence and encourages a lifelong love of reading.
Starting Tuesday, February 21…all kids who reach their goal can come into the Library & pick up their:
– Ticket for The National Circus Project performance on Saturday, March 11, 11:00 a.m. – 12noon.
– Prize bag with Reading Certificate.
We also have raffle prizes! Earn an electronic raffle ticket for each week you log in to your Beanstack account and complete the weekly activity. Winter Reading Club ends on Sunday, March 12. Raffle prize winners will be announced on Monday, March 13.
Pre-Readers: For children who have books read to them. Goal is at least 10 books with their grown-up.
New Readers: For children who are just starting or have only recently begun to read by themselves. Goal is at least 5 books on their reading level.
Confident Readers: For children who read on their own. Goal is at least 2 books on your reading level.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631.941.4080 ext. 123.
*Emma Clark employees, trustees, and members of their household are not eligible to enter raffles.
We would like to thank The Rinx and The Port Jefferson Photography Club for their donations for our Winter Reading raffle Prizes.
Take & Make Community Service Art Project (Grades 3-6) February 10-26
Express your artistic talent and earn community service! Pick up your art kit – a flat canvas, acrylic paint set and paintbrush – starting on Friday, February 10th and return your creative work of art by Sunday, February 26th . The paintings will be displayed in the Children’s Library for the month of March. Participants will earn two hours of community service credit. Only one kit per child.